Wednesday, October 22, 2008

These are the wrong sorts of bees!

Sadly, Winnie the Pooh cartoons do not fully explain to children that bees are dangerous. 2 year olds, like teenagers, already know everything and therefore cannot be told to stay away from the adorable little buzzing insects.

That being said, Sydney was stung by a bee on Monday. She bent down to talk to it and then to pick it up off of a flower in the grass. The bee did not understand that she was only being friendly. She spent most of the day telling me that the "bee hurt me". She was very disappointed but liked all the attention. Subsequently Molly thought that maybe she had a bee sting boo boo on both hands and needed an equal amount of attention.

Sigh...

Michael was in a car accident on Friday night. His car is jacked but he seems to be doing okay. A girl rear ended him and pushed his car underneath a pick up truck. Poor Michael. He really loves that car.

We had our Christmas pic done on Saturday with Emily Mulkey. The woman is crazy talented and amazingly funny and sweet. We met Emily through Our Children's House and I cannot tell you what an impact she made on my life in the weeks we were there with Molly. :-)

Other things worth mentioning:

Both kiddos have sinus infections and are on antibiotics.

Dance class was a workout for me. Trying to keep the little monsters on the circle gets me a heck of a workout! I wish they would just try to do what the other kids in the class do :-)

The weather changed and its like 55 degrees outside right now. Yeah!

I'm hosting my first playdate on Friday and I hope its fun enough. :-)

3 comments:

Bex said...

I vote funny! I love that she wanted to talk to the bee. Sooo cute. And the fact that they won't stay on that darn dot- hilarious. Sorry to hear about Michael, I feel his pain. It sucks when it's a car you acctually like.
Miss you like crazy! We should go get some sprinkles cupcakes one day.

Melissa & Malie said...

Bees are so unfriendly! Poor girl. I wish I could see them in dance class! How cute. I'm always sweating when I leave gymnastics with Malie.

Heather Anderson said...

I saw your pictures on Emily's website. Your girls are getting so big, I hardly recognized them.... but I definitely remember those big eyes! You look gorgeous too Carrie! We will have to keep in touch in the blog world now :)